Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen, friends and bloggers, readers everywhere… By Sashi

This is it. It was bound to happen sooner or later. You knew it too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



In approximately a month from now, sashiweb.com will be no more. I am DEFINITELY not renewing my webhosting agreement. This has nothing to do with the webhosts, Exabytes, who have been quite good, really, and I’d recommend them to anyone who would want to have their own web space and domain.

I thank you all for having visited this little blog of mine, for having spent your precious minutes reading the stuff I’ve written, for commenting in the various posts, for linking to me in your own blogs, for e-mailing some posts to other people, for daring to meet with me in person after developing your opinions of who I am based on what you read, for pretending not to be shocked when you found I did not match your opinions, for supporting me virtually when I was down, for sharing in my zaniness when I was nuts, for simply returning time and again to this little corner of cyberspace so that I felt I was important to someone, somewhere, one word at a time, even if for only a few seconds,

EDIT: I’m sorry for not having completed the Steve series within the confines of this domain. I still hold out hope that I will do so, one day… You’ll be the first to know when that happens.

I don’t know what else to say, so I’ll do what I usually tend to do anyway: I’ll let the movies speak for me.

This is a sample of the last lines uttered in various Hollywood movies over the years. I’ll let them be my last lines written here.

“There’s a lot to be said for making people laugh! Did you know that’s all some people have? It isn’t much, but it’s better than nothing in this cockeyed caravan! Boy!”
- Sullivan’s Travels (1941)

“Maybe. Maybe I didn’t do such a wonderful thing after all.”
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

“Psychologically, I’m very confused, but personally I feel just wonderful.”
- In the Good Old Summertime (1949)

“Well, nobody’s perfect.”
- Some Like it Hot (1959)

“I’m too old for this.”
- Lethal Weapon (1987)

“A man’s got to know his limitations.”
- Magnum Force (1973)

“Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king. Hail to the king, baby.”
- Army of Darkness (1993)

“This is the end! The absolute end!”
- The Lady in the Dark (1944)

“You see, Marcus. The ending is only the beginning.”
- The Human Comedy (1943)

“Yup. The end of a way of life. Too bad. It’s a good way. Wagons forward! Yo!”
- Hondo (1954)

“Where ya headed, cowboy?”
“Nowhere special.”
“Nowhere special. I always wanted to go there.”
“Come on.”
- Blazing Saddles (1974)

“Well, sir. Goin’ ‘ome…’Ome, sir.”
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

“That is all.”
- M*A*S*H (1970)

“End of story.”
- High Society (1956)

“Good night, and good luck.”
- Good Night, and Good Luck (2005)

“And I felt my body dwindling, melting, becoming nothing. My fears locked away and in their place came acceptance. All this vast majesty of creation, it had to mean something. And then I meant something, too. Yes, smaller than the smallest, I meant something, too. To God there is no zero. I still exist.”
- The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)

“What do you want, a happy ending?”
- The Paleface (1948)

“Bye.”
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

Swanktrendz's note - We have enjoyed Sashi's contributions over the last two years and hope that his 'retirement' from the internet community will be shortlived.

Link: http://www.sashiweb.com

No comments: