Wednesday, August 17, 2005

No Cute Rituals - By Rob Williams

image from www.usemenow.com

Swank Home


Rob’s Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

JSF, at the end of interview
with Guernica--

Question: Do you have any rituals, processes or superstitions that keep your writing life productive?

JSF: No. I mean, I guess I write in different places. I like to write at cafes or the public library, because that keeps things fresh, I guess. But that's it, nothing more cute than that.


Hmmm. I haven't seen JSF at the public library as of yet. Maybe I'll see him when I'm there today looking over the 75 pages of my short-story-collection-turned-novel-that-iIm-supposed-to-be-sending-my-agent-yesterday.

Yes. 75 pages. I'm going today to read it over. I was trying for 100 pages, but between getting married
, packing for moving to San Diego, stressing over money, saying goodbye to friends, and beer busts
, I could only come up with 75-- so if anything comes to me today I’ll try to write it out, but I have to send it to the agent. She's about ready to have her baby and I want the first thing she reads to the little peanut to be my masterpiece!

Just kidding.

By the way, I can't write in coffee shops. What's wrong with me? I just can't concentrate.

And there are numerous coffee shops I could write in here in Brooklyn but I’ve tried it.

I spend too much time people watching or feeling self conscious about being there with my computer, or I feel nervous about getting up and getting something while leaving my precious little Dell alone.

I dunno. coffee shops just don't work for me.

Oh, and i'm thinking of changing my blog's name to: WWJSFD?

Just kidding again.

No comments: