Sunday, July 31, 2005

Talkr.com: Podcast your blog! Submitted by Sashi

Swank Home


Sashi’s Page


As I was browsing Paul Tan’s car blog, I noticed that he had added a link titled “Listen Audio Blog“. It’s a link to an MP3 of a female voice reading the contents of the particular post. Cool!

Being the curious cat that I am, I investigated further, checking out talkr.com http://www.talkr.com/ and registering for free. The concept is similar to online RSS-feedreaders, in that you sign up and then browse RSS feeds to subscribe. The only difference here is that once you select an RSS feed, talkr.com then not only adds the feed to its database, but it also converts the text to speech. Once this is done, it displays a page containing the posts in the feed, with a link to an MP3 file of each post displayed alongside it.

It has its limitations, but still pretty cool…

By the way, I’ve added a link to the audio version of this post here.

No comments: