Monday, July 18, 2005

June Showers Musings by Rob williams

Rob's Site


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So my bachelor party is just about an hour (July 16th) away (we're going to Florent, in the meat packing district, to start off the night). iIm nervous! If it's anything like our wedding shower I just know i'm going to spend the whole night blushing and sweating from laughter and embarrassment.

What debauchery lies ahead for me? What kind of silly hat or t-shirt will they make me wear?

And will it match my shoes and pants?

Not only all that but i just found out that actress June Haver
died on July 4th!! not to be confused with June Allyson, but June Haver was my other favorite June. June Haver! How did I not know this? Why didn't any of my readers notify me? Arghhh.

She was a 1940s ‘sweet as peaches’ blonde starlet poised to take over Betty Grable's shoes, but it never quite happened. First, she left films in the early 50s to become a nun. But then she left that, after just a few months, to marry Fred MacMurray (which is pretty much the same thing as becoming a nun--just kidding!).

And now she's gone! I never got to meet her.

Among her film highlights:

The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady

Look For The Silver Lining

I'll Get By (my personal Favorite)

The Dolly Sisters (with Grable)

I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now

How can I go and celebrate when there is such sadness in the world? How?

No comments: