Sunday, July 31, 2005

I'm giving my notice on Monday Submitted by Andrew Hoshkiw

Swank Home


Andrew’s Page


On the cabin, that is.

Then I can be out at the end of August, and into an apartment.

Four months of living in a cabin in the woods will be enough for me. It was fun, but there are certain things I miss.

Like electricity, running water and having a phone.

Besides, winter is coming. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw snow here before the end of September, so it might be best to get out before that. Cold is not good. And I doubt my car would be able to make it up and down the steep, unpaved road leading to the cabin if it was icy.

The best plan would be to find a place within walking distance of downtown, and then leave my car at home most days. When I lived here before, I had a place about a kilometre from work, and I walked every day, no matter how cold it got.

I also think I'm going to propose an idea to my boss: for the freelancing, that instead of paying me piece by piece for everything submitted, I be paid a flat amount for submitting a certain minimum.

It'd be to their advantage, because it'd cost them less. They could print more stuff without worrying about budgeting.

And the advantages to me would be twofold. I'd get more stuff printed, with much more potential for photo spreads and front page photos, and I'd get a title out of it. I'd no longer be a "freelancer." Instead, I'd become a "reporter" or maybe even an "arts editor."

That would be cool. Though I'd make a little less, it'd make the work experience gained here a lot more valuable.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To read a concert review by Andrew Hoshkiw go to http://www.hoshq.com/port/star-text/050527-p39.pdf

No comments: