Friday, July 01, 2005

Contemplating weekend strategies : By Andrew Hoshkiw

Faro music festival starts tonight at 7:00 p.m., and continues all day Friday and Saturday.

If I leave tonight after work I won't get there till about 10:00 p.m. Although I'd make it in time for the headliners, I'd miss a few early acts which I really want to see.

Considering most of the bands that play tonight play again some time else during the weekend, I'm thinking maybe I don't have to go till tomorrow.

Which leaves the question of what to do tonight.

As it so happens, there's another mini music festival in the park, sort of a pre-Canada Day celebration thing. This time it's several local bands and one headliner from Ontario.

I think they're punk. I like punk. I like it a lot more than the one-hit-wonder 70s era band who's headlining Faro tonight.

And covering this event will mean one more story for next week.

Notes to self:
1. I must remember at some point today to renew the hosting package for this site, or else it'll disappear over the weekend.

2. I must remember to go switch my health card to the Yukon, to avoid having to pay any more B.C. health premiums.

Oh, and I must not forget to take the Wild Turkey to Faro! http://www.hoshq.com/


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: