Sunday, July 31, 2005

Calling All Pirates Submitted by Rob Williams

Swank Home


Rob’s Page


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Did you know I played a pirate in a show at Sea World in the late 80s? I did. (In fact I think I’ve blogged about it before...) I wore short striped pants and a puffy shirt and an eye patch and carried a sword and even had to march in a parade following a big ship on wheels and several people dressed in dolphin and starfish costumes.

You can read about it in my article "A Pirate Life for Me" in Maisonneuve Magazine (Jan/Feb 2005 back issue).Pirate Life


i wonder if they'd let me audition for Pirates of the Carribean III? there's an open Casting Call
for it at the Ricardo Montalban Theater (hey, if Burt Reynolds has his own theater, certainly Mr. Roarke deserves one, right?) in Los Angeles on July 30! this is some of what they are looking for:

"Extreme characters and hideously unattractive types, ages 18-50. Odd body shapes or very lean to extremely skinny.  Missing teeth, wandering eyes and serial killer looks with real long hair & beards. Wigs & makeup are not what we're looking for.  We also need little people, very large sumo wrestler types, extremely tall or extremely short people, albinos, amputees. Any size or shape that is NOT average is best. All ethnicities.  Mostly men, very few women"...

Oh wait, that's the day of my wedding. Damn!

No comments: