Sunday, July 31, 2005

Apple Dumpling Gangfight Submitted by Rob Williams

Swank Home


Rob’s Page


I really should not be blogging, because it's 11:45 on Monday night and, if you didn't know it, I'm getting married this coming Saturday, July 30, to Ted. But most of you who read this probably know that.

Of course I'm going crazy, I'm busy, I'm stressed, I'm outta my head, but I'm also so very excited and happy. we're having a wonderful celebration, in the most amazing space, with the most incredible friends and family around us.

So, suffice it to say I probably won't be able to blog after tonight for several days (I hope to be back on Monday or so). In the meantime, here is a very cool story about a fellow Columbia MFA-er, Sam Apple, who won the Hemisphere Faux Faulkner contest and is causing quite a stir of controversy with his hilarious story. a sendup of both Faulkner and the Bush administration.

Way to go Sam!!

Read about the controversy here.
Swank Home


controversy


read Sam's great great, award-winning story here
(click on Fiction, then click on the 2005 winner).

(and, order Sam's debut book: Schlepping Through the Alps : My Search for Austria's Jewish Past with Its Last Wandering Shepherd)Sam’s Book


Whew-- long title! Cool! The tentative title for my collection turned novel is also long (though wait, Sam's book is a title plus a subtitle. Does that count as one long title?)

And, speaking of my book. Yes, did a little work this week on it. Yes, still loving it (I love being able to take my time in chapters and really develop scenes, characters, moments). I love writing a novel!! Just wish I had more time to do it this week...

No comments: