Sunday, July 31, 2005

5 Feet Away From An Angel Submitted by Sashi

Swank Home


Sashi’s Page


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I never learn my lesson.

Not long after a close encounter with a Goddess, I found myself today within whispering distance of my favourite Malaysian Idol - Jaclyn Victor. (The Jaclyn Victor Fan Club website is, sadly, only viewable in IE. If you know who the webmaster is, please flog him in public.)

Once again, I wished I had a camera with me….

However, my colleagues at the office keep saying that, in lieu of a photograph, I should have acquired her autograph.

Thing is, I’m not really much of an autograph-hunter. Even when I was a kid studying in La Salle, Brickfields, and I would walk home from my school past the DBKL sports training ground, and I’d see local footballing heroes like Fandi Ahmad and Lim Teong Kim drinking teh tarik at a nearby stall, even then I never went and asked for their autographs.

The reason is this: no one would believe me. How many people know the signature of Fandi Ahmad? Or Lim Teong Kim? Or even Jaclyn Victor?

Not many.

Which basically means I could sign a piece of paper using Jac’s name (notice how I’m pretending to be on a first name basis with her? I love being deluded...) and pass it off as her autograph.

Not a very satisfying con to pull.

But a photograph though... a picture is worth a thousand words… or maybe slightly less these days, depending on the current exchange rate.

So, from now on, I’m gonna be bringing my little amateur point-and-shoot camera EVERYWHERE. So watch out, selebriti-selebriti Malaysia, ‘cos here comes da Sashi!

No comments: